Monday, May 11, 2009

A trip to the beach!

As many of you know, the second week of May is a very busy time for us! May 7, Dennis and I share a birthday, Mother's Day on the second Sunday, and our anniversary is May 12. We decided to come to one of our favorite places for a few days, the beach. We like coming to stay at Pawley's Island, in South Carolina. It is south of Myrtle Beach, not as commercial and there is a really nice resort on the ocean with several kids pools. The weather has been perfect!






On Sunday morning, to celebrate Mother's Day I really wanted to go fishing on the ocean. Graham and I really love to fish, and I had never been fishing in the ocean! It was a lot of fun. We went out on a boat with a guy named Capt. Pete. Graham and I really wanted to catch a little shark, but they weren't biting. We did catch several crabs and clam, I caught a toad fish, which is definitely not something you would find in the Brookville Lake! It is a really mean fish nick-named a clam-cracker. Graham caught a flounder too!
We spent time at the beach and in the pools. Had dinner at a place along the Murrell's Inlet Marsh Walk. It was called "Creek Ratz" where we were lucky, they didn't snatch Graham for their advertising. He looked just like the picture on the sign!





After our walk on the Marsh walk, we were about to go to the car, when a bird flew into my shoulder with it's wing. This probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but I have F.O.B. (fear of birds) and completely freaked out over the traumatic experience.







No comments: