Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Fun

Thank you to everyone that called, left messages, emailed and sent cards! It was a really fun day! It started out with my father actually singing/shouting the "Happy Birthday" song into the phone. Then he told me how "odd" I am, because my birthday falls on all odd numbers, 5/7/1979, it was something he heard on the radio that morning because it was 5/7/09. Erik took off work, and we spent the day taking care of errands and selecting the pictures of the children that we are going to order from their photo session a few weeks ago.

After picking up the kids and went to Carrabas for dinner. We went kind of early, (not because I am that old and need an early dinner, though I can definitely see the advantages) there was no crowd. Our sevice was excellent. I even ordered a drink they no longer have on the menu, and the bartender took the time to write down the recipe for me.

After dinner, we went home and played outside for a while, then enjoyed chocolate cake and opened gifts. Fun! Fun! Fun!


I received a beautiful card (completely hand-made) by my friend Randi. She has a business where she does these cards, and they are really fantastical! Her Christmas cards are awesome to. My cousin Katie, phoned and sang (did not shout) a really sweet song that she learned from a really clever and wise person that she knows. I have a feeling that she has added clever and wise to the description of this friend because I am slightly older than her.

Before the kids went to bed we used SKYPE (this webcam/phone thing) to call home. Dennis and I share the same birthday, and growing up we really tried to make a point to be really obnoxious the day of. It seems like we have been on really good behavior as we have gotten older though. Showing my age and dementia, I tried to explain that our birthday was all odd numbers to Dennis, and how "odd" that makes us. But, I couldn't remember the word "odd"and told him the numbers were all "prime." Dennis was a good sport about my lack of math skills and dementia. He, being a math guy, just let me go on, and later in an email wrote "prime, huh?"

No comments: