Thursday, May 21, 2009

Marine Mud Challenge 2009

For the second year the JAG office entered a team in the Fort Gordon Marine Mud Challenge. The race is a 4 1/2 mile run in the woods and hills of the post with 16 obstacles. Most of the obstacles have large pools of water, good old mud, and there is was a creek or two to cross. All and all, good dirty fun I can tell the kids about.

CTP's O, M, T and I made up this years team. We called ourselves the Justice League (JAG pun fully intended). We showed off our super human powers and WON the co-ed class with a time of 46 min. This is a near 20 min improvement from last year. Very Cool!
Angie and Mrs. T. made some very cool team shirts for the race. In keeping with the team name every member had a justice league superhero symbol on the back. I was "The Flash."
The kids even got in on the act with team shirts, and they ran in the kids runs. Graham was the Green Arrow and raced in a mile kids run. He finished in the top third of the group and beat some older kids. Tess was Hawk Girl. She ran a Dad made up 200 yard version of the race. In both cases the Marines tossed the kids over the 7 feet tall obstacle wall and gave them dog tags for their efforts. Then we all took a shower povided by a fire truck.

I had never really won a race before, so this was very exciting. I would like to thank all the little people that got me to where I am... and Angie for the cool shirt.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Congrats! Clearly, I slowed you down last year.