Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moving to Germany!

Hello!

This is my first post on the new site and I have some big news to share. We have received our orders that will send us to Heidelberg, Germany in mid- July! Angela and I are very happy and exicted for the chance to live in Europe. This opportunity was one of our biggest reasons for joining the Army, and we are lucky for this to go as we had hoped.

Heidelberg is a college and tourist city in the southeastern part of the counrty, and from all reports it is a good place to live. The city looks very cool in the pictures online, and is in a river valley. We will be living in the Army Apartments. This will be a bit small for the family, but everyone that has been there, says that you move past the small apartment in a short time and really enjoy the chance to travel.

We will be in Heidelberg for 3 years, so you have some time to plan your trips over.

I will be with the 18th Engineering Brigade, and will act as their lawyer for the time that I am there. This job is a staff officers slot that will bring me some new responsabilities, and place me in the unit full time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Am said...

Congratulations! Now, we are going to have to plan a vacation:)

Mom in High Heels said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. We have friends in the 18th. We live on MTV. Believe me, you do NOT want to be on PHV. It's yucky out there. Also, MTV apartments are much bigger. You can email me offline and I'll give you the low down. nols73 (at) gmail (dot) com