Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Exciting Morning


Last week, Erik asked me to take today off work so I could attend one of his office functions. I was a little (just a little) bit reluctant to take off. But I knew a JAG Corps. General would be visiting his office this week, and he mentioned there were going to be some awards. I assumed Erik was getting an award, so I took the day off and went to his office. I sat through a presentation for the office and then they recognized three people, and I was one of the three! They called it a Hero award for my community service efforts, and General Chipman gave me a coin. The coin is pretty awesome (in an effort to use the word cool less, Graham suggested I use “awesome” or “fantastical”) as you can see in the pictures that I have added. I would have been excited if the award had been for Erik, but I must admit that it does feel fantastical to get an award of my own.

3 comments:

Am said...

Congratulations Angie! How exciting is that?!?!

Dave and Donna said...

That's great Angie! Congrats! You look great BTW.

Hoosier Vagabonds said...

I read Graham the post and he has informed me that "fantastical" doesn't really work so well here and that I should have used "fabulous".