Friday, June 5, 2009

Flufferbanutter

It is no secret that I don't function very well, without A LOT to do. I need to have most of the hours in my day full, and to be multi-tasking too. This week has been an especially hard one, because I am bored. Sure I should be getting ready for the big move. I have done some sorting, and cleaned several items with Q-tips (including our Jeep and my Kitchenaid mixer), we've gone to the gym and pool several times, but I need more structure!

Last night I called my Grandma Maxine to ask her if she had any ideas for using up some of the items in my cupboard. One item that stuck out as especially odd was the plastic container of Marshmallow Fluff.

It was completely unopened, and I had no clue what to put it in, or how to use it. I don't know why or when I would have even bought it? Actually, maybe it was one of the things I inherited from my friend Donna, when they moved to Japan? Donna- Do you remember Marshmallow Fluff? Anyway, Grandma suggested I put it on graham crackers and serve it to the kids for a snack. I had never thought of that, they usually have yogurt, a cheese stick, or fruit. Maybe they could try it just till we use up this big jar of Fluff though? It won't be any stranger than some of the meal I have been making to use us the food in the refrigerator and cupboards. Grandma also mentioned that when she was younger people would make Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Fluff sandwhiches. This also sounded a little weird, but we need to use it up, and I didn't want to waste a perfectly good jar of food (if it is actually a food.)

Today, during some of my boredom I decided to give it a try. I call Graham and Tess in for a snack, put some fluff on a graham cracker and gave it to them. They loved it! Graham tells me they have these every Friday at school??? Next I spread some peanut butter on a cracker and added the fluff. Again, rave reviews! I decided after experimenting on my children (twice) I would try one. I put some peanut butter on first, addes 3 slices of banana and then topped it with fluff. Really delicious. As I was cleaning up our mess, I read the jar. There is a recipe on the side called "Fluffernutter" it is the recipe for the P.B. and Fluff sandwich! I guess with banana it would be the Flufferbanutter?
Okay, enough excitement for one day. Erik is home, I am sure he'll be excited to learn we have a new recipe for dinner.

2 comments:

Dave and Donna said...

I have NEVER bought Fluff in my life so no you didn't get it from me. I think the idea of it is gross! What did Erik think of it?

Ann said...

Hi Angie, In reading your fluffy situation I wanted to add that I love it. However, I do not like marshmellow, so there has to be something special in the fluff part. ha I don't suppose using it in hot chocolate in Ga temperatures would appeal to you so how about mixing it with cream cheese? Wa La A fruit dip. Maybe rice krispy treats? I have not tried your bananna version of smores but I may do so. However sticky this situaton may be I hope these ideas might help in using it up lol
Hug, Ann