Friday, June 12, 2009

Comptetitive Eating

Hula Dawg, Grovetown, Georgia

There is a hot dog and hamburger place in town that promotes eating as a sport. Graham tagged along with Erik and the guys from the Ft. Gordon JAG office to see his father take the challenge. They did not tell me before hand what they were up to, and told Graham not to tell me.

Apparently the challenge is to eat a 2 lb. hamburger. The award is having your picture taken and posted on the wall of the restaurant.

While they were gone, Tess and I assembled her early birthday gift from Grandma Suzy, and enjoyed a princess lunch.
When they brought Graham home (after a longer than usual lunch) he ran into the house in front of Erik and declared "Dad took the Hula Dawg challenge and ate a 2 lb. burger, but he shared some of his fries with me." Erik came in about 15 feet behind him, reaking of fried burger, looked at me, and said "he told you didn't he?" Other than not being hungry that evening Erik was fine. Though I have not seen it with my own eyes, I have heard that my dear Erik is now famous, and posted on the Hula Dawg Wall of Fame for all to see!

1 comment:

Dave and Donna said...

Dave talked about doing that!! But we left the area without him getting a chance. The idea of it disgusted me. So I guess if we ever go back to that area we'll look for Erik's picture.