Monday, March 2, 2009

(Erik actually wrote this a few weeks ago, sorry for the delay in posting)

This week I had the chance to spend some time with our 3 year old, Tess. For those of you that may not have had a chance to meet Tess, it is fair to call her a Party Kid. If there is a good time to be had, she will be there more often than not. This week she stayed true to form.

On Friday, her daycare had their valentines’ party. She was picked up from daycare sporting a glazed over stare, a flush complexion, and four pounds of red and pink candy. She then stated that her stomach hurt. It was clear that she had hit the candy hard that day.

As the afternoon went on, she and I had to wait in the car. She said that she did not feel good, looked bad, and she was given a bowl to hold any pending stomache actions. Such events took place a few minutes later. As I was cleaning out the bowl, she looked at me with a glazed over expression and in a sorry and broken voice that is used by a college student on Saturday mornings, stated "Dad....We had a parrrty.... at school” This half drunken voice just struck me so funny that I was able to take care of my unenviable bowl duty with a smile on my face and giggling like a school girl.

Some of you may say that she got this trait honest and I have to concede that point, but I thought that I had a good 15 years before she and I would have to have that exchange. My they grow up fast

1 comment:

Am said...

I LOVED this! I can just picture Erik giggling while cleaning up the mess. I am so glad he has one that will keep him on his toes!:)